Where are we?


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Shipping out from Boston

I was told that writing a wedding blog is cliche, so this blog begins post wedding. Yesterday, my wife Jackie and I finished packing our apartment, said our goodbyes to Cambridge, and put Boston in the rear view mirror. As always, the drive was long and tedious, and unlike normal was fraught with difficulty at the Canadian border.
   The woman at the border gave us a card to take to the guy in the office who was a bit of a condescending prick. Ultimately we were let into the country alright, however I was very sternly warned that because I did not export my car from the US before entering Canada I may be in trouble with the US customs upon re-entry. A quick phone call this morning dispelled those fears as the American customs official I spoke to was quite pleasant and foresaw no problems.
   The plan for the next few days is to say our goodbyes to family, do a simple service to have our marriage recognized by the catholics, then we are bound for Stockholm.

Sorry this initial post is a little text-y, I will do my best to keep a bias towards photos and a map of our current location.
We are still waiting for the photos from our photographer, but between shoots our caterer (!) took this picture and e-mailed it to us later.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Photo! Looking forward to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the caterer missed his calling. However his dinner was top notch

    ReplyDelete